HOW TO GET STARTED:
Before your dog becomes a mindDog there are some fundamentals you both have to know.
How good is your dog at basic obedience?
- Will she walk calmly beside you on a loose lead without pulling or lunging?
- Does she sit on command?
- Will she drop and stay?
- Does he lift his leg inappropriately?
- If you are in a busy place with lots of distractions, does she come when you call him?
- Does she bark frantically if she’s excited?
- And how about toileting?
- How is she with kids or other dogs?
These are all things you need to think about when you apply to join mindDog. If your dog isn’t so good at some of them, your mindDog trainer will help you.
A dog that demonstrates boisterous behaviour, nuisance barking, hackles-up, growling, showing teeth, lunging, biting, aggression, excessive fear or inappropriate elimination is not ready for public access work and will not be admitted into the mindDog program.
There is a list of helpful documents on our Resources page.
To become a mindDog, your dog must already have some basic obedience training. He must sit, down, stay, come, wait, and so on. A dog that demonstrates boisterous behavior, nuisance barking, hackles-up, growling, showing teeth, lunging, biting, aggression, excessive fear or inappropriate elimination is not ready for public access work.
PLEASE THINK ABOUT THIS BEFORE YOU APPLY:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD